A bumper month is in store for the Bowls Australia Player Ranking System, with no less than 15 events scheduled before the end of April including five tier 3 events.
The tier 3 Victorian Masters Singles Championships at Richmond Union headlines a bumper month in Victoria, which also includes the Diamond Triples at Yarraville-Footscray (tier 3), Victorian State Championship Week (tier 3), the Autumn Classic at Warrnambool (tier 4) and the Ladies Pairs Classic at Bareena (tier 4).
Back after a brief hiatus, Richmond Union Bowling Club once again plays host to one of the most prestigious singles tournaments in Victoria, with the past winners list littered with some of the most recognisable names in bowling history. The week long tournament starts on Monday the 27th of April and includes 5 days of sectional play, followed by two exciting days of knockout play on the weekend culminating in what is sure to be a spectacular final in the afternoon of Sunday the 2nd of April.
Two big Adelaide clubs also host rankings events in April, with the famous tier 3 Adelaide Masters Singles Championships at Adelaide Bowls Club to be played over the Easter long weekend, while the novel Two Day Challenge will be played at Holdfast Bay the following weekend.
The Easter long weekend is a traditionally event-heavy time of year and this year is no exception, with no less than 7 rankings events played including the tier 3 Easter Open Challenge at Souths Suburban in Mackay, QLD, as well as events at Club Maitland City, Glenorchy Rodman, Gunnedah Services, Inverell East and McKenzie Park Nerang.
In exciting news for North Queensland bowlers, the West Toowoomba Men’s Classic Fours rounds out the month of April to complement Souths Suburban’s event in Mackay. Brisbane bowlers will also have a chance to compete for rankings points at the Windsor 100 at Windsor Bowls Club at the end of the month.
Many of the events listed in April and beyond are still looking for players or teams, so make sure you don’t miss out on your spot by clicking the event link below and contacting the relevant club!
Rankings Events (until April 30):
- Victorian Masters Singles Championships (Richmond Union, VIC): March 27 – April 2
- Diamond Triples (Yarraville-Footscray, VIC): March 31 – April 2
- Autumn Classic (Warrnambool, VIC): April 3 – 8
- Terry Harmer Memorial Pairs (Club Maitland City, NSW): April 14 – 15
- Southern Tasmania Easter Bowling Carnival (Glenorchy Rodman (TAS): April 14 – 17
- Easter Tournament $8,000 (Gunnedah Services, NSW): April 14 – 16
- Easter Challenge (Inverell East, NSW): April 14 – 17
- Adelaide Masters Singles Championships (Adelaide, SA): April 14 – 17
- Easter Open Challenge (Souths Suburban, QLD): April 15 – 16
- Easter Pairs (McKenzie Park Nerang, QLD): April 15 – 16
- Victorian State Championship Week (Bendigo East, VIC): April 20 – 26
- Two Day Bowls Challenge (Holdfast Bay, SA): April 22 – 23
- Ladies Classic Pairs (Bareena, VIC): April 29 – 30
- Men’s Classic Fours (West Toowoomba, QLD): April 29 – 30
- Windsor 100 Classic (Windsor, QLD): April 29 – 30