Regina Lawn Bowling Club

Regina’s first lawn bowling club was constituted in 1912 when land now occupied by the Provincial Health building was donated by the Saskatchewan Government for a green. Ten years later in 1922 the land was reclaimed by the government. The City of Regina then became involved, donating land near the General Hospital to build a green. In 1928, this land was also reclaimed for the purpose of building a power plant.

The four greens have since hosted five Canadian Championships (1986, 1990, 1996, 2003 & 2006), the inaugural Canadian Junior Championships (1996), the inaugural Canadian Senior Triples Championships (1999) and again in 2012, the 100th anniversary of our club, the inaugural Canadian Singles Championships (2013) and an international event, the North American Challenge (2006).  One of only 3 four-green facilities in Canada, the RLBC, along with our hospitality and pies, are the talk of all bowling visitors!

Regina’s first lawn bowling club was constituted in 1912 when land now occupied by the Provincial Health building was donated by the Saskatchewan Government for a green. Ten years later in 1922 the land was reclaimed by the government. The City of Regina then became involved, donating land near the General Hospital to build a…