Contact Details

While there are no proper minutes available until recent years, there is photographic evidence that the Club goes back to at least 1904, when it was used for both bowling and angling purposes, due to being situated on the banks of the River Clyde. The ground and greens were leased from a local businessman by the name of Park. At this time there was no proper Clubhouse, and it was not until 1960 that the makeshift shelters and huts were replaced by a proper building with a licensed bar.

The Club was then registered with the Scottish and Glasgow Bowling Associations in 1961, and more recently, became affiliated to the Lanarkshire Bowling Association as well as the aforementioned. Despite serious flooding from the River Clyde on numerous occasions, particularly in December 1994, the Club has survived and won “Glasgow” and “Scottish” honours, with well over a dozen members having represented the Glasgow County team in the last 20 years.

The Club celebrated it’s Golden Jubilee (50 years) in 2010

The club is situated in River Road, Carmyle, Glasgow .

Playing Surfaces
Follow us
Weather Forecast
Contact Club
  • No comments yet.
  • Add a review